The team.

The team.

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Two Teens from Team back from NYG

Tyler and Becca both made the trip down to San Antonio to join 25,000 of their closest friends at the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod's National Youth Gathering. I expect they will post more pictures but I thought it was PERFECT timing to get them ready to serve the Lord in HK. Can you imagine how exciting that would be? To be surrounded by so many people in your age group that all have a similar belief system-it must feel inspirational!  And then...if that wasn't enough... to be blessed to be sent to Hong Kong not even a week later to share the Good News!? I'm excited for them and to see how the Holy Spirit continues to strengthen their faith. I asked Becca to send me a picture while she was there. She told me about the servant event that her team participated in. They painted the black lines on a public basketball court. To think about 25,000 kids spreading out across the metro area of San Antonio spreading God's love is pretty amazing to contemplate. I'm certain that quite a lot of good was done that day!
Today: A prayer of thanksgiving that they made it back safe and that the fire of the Holy Spirit carries them through the next few weeks of serving.
We leave in 4 days!!!!-Suzy
I'm not sure if they painted the yellow doodles, but they for sure painted the black lines!

Becca and her Wisconsin/Atlanta group (she is far right)

No comments:

Post a Comment